Subject: Re: True Facts on LW Upgrades
From: Dawson Shaffer <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 95 09:35:42 PST

Text item: 

True facts, straight from NewTek, sales, tech support, and LightWave customer 
support manager:  There will be NO upgrade path for Toaster ownwers, only 
LightWave 3.5 stand alone.  I will not receive any cross platform upgrade 
literature, because I do not have a registered version of LW 3.5SA (only 
Toaster).  "Sorry, you are out of luck... Why don't you buy a LW 3.5SA version 
and then cross platform upgrade..."  That's a quote!!!  I just want equal 
treatment for having bought a $2000.00 video slot dongle instead of a $495.00 
parallel port dongle... mainly because at the time I had no choice (I would have
always prefered a stand alone version to the Toaster).

Dawson Schaffer

______________________________ Reply Separator _________________________________
Subject: True Facts on LW Upgrades
Author:  [email-masked] at SMTPGATE
Date:    2/18/95 5:00 PM

Does anyone have printed information from NewTek regarding what
their permutations of upgrade prices will really be?

As far as I'm concerned, info in VTU or LW Pro doesn't count. :-)

My point is, until NewTek sends you a postcard or letter with
the details of the upgrade path, or actually starts taking your
money for upgrades, THEN YOU DON"T KNOW WHAT THEIR UPGRADE / SIDEGRADE
/ COMPETITIVE UPGRADE prices will BE.

Until then, feel free to speculate, but don't get your undies in a bundle.
If one thing's for sure, it's that NewTek knows how to make computer-heads
salivate and extend their credit card, begging to give them money.
I'm sure they'll do it again.

Text item: External Message Header

The following mail header is for administrative use
and may be ignored unless there are problems.

***IF THERE ARE PROBLEMS SAVE THESE HEADERS***.

Sender: [email-masked]
content-length: 670
Subject: True Facts on LW Upgrades
From: [email-masked] (Syndesis Corporation)
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 1995 11:30:47 +0600